- Newsom signs bill taking aim at labor practices in Amazon warehouseson September 23, 2021
AB 701 is the first legislation in the U.S. regulating warehouse performance metrics. The new California law aims to crack down on harsh work standards in Amazon fulfillment centers.
- Scooter Braun spends $65 million on a striking Brentwood mansionon September 22, 2021
Music mogul Scooter Braun has bought a modern farmhouse in Brentwood for $65 million, the priciest sale in Southern California so far this year.
- Despite Delta variant slowing growth, Federal Reserve signals plans to start reversing some stimulus programson September 22, 2021
The central bank said it could soon cut back on some of its bond purchases, and about half of Fed policymakers expect to raise interest rates by end of next year.
- Column: America is not facing a civil war — only loudmouthed extremistson September 22, 2021
Talk of America's polarization ignores the large majorities that favor abortion rights, COVID restrictions and gun control.
- International Business Forum Speaker: Debra J. Lodgeon September 21, 2021
Debra Lodge is a dedicated, inclusive, and adaptable Senior Management and Leadership Executive with proven expertise in driving top line strategy and bottom-line profit across complex global markets.
- U.S. Bancorp Buys Union Bank in $8 Billion Dealon September 21, 2021
The deal creates a behemoth banking operation in Los Angeles County.
- Asian shares, Wall Street hold gains after Fed statementon September 23, 2021
Asian shares were mostly higher on Thursday after the Federal Reserve signaled it may begin easing its extraordinary support measures for the economy later this year.
- Santa Ana approves rent control, other tenant protections, after emotional debateon September 23, 2021
Opponents say the measures are unnecessary. Supporters say they're essential to living in the city.