- Broad Beach house of Oscar-winner Jack Lemmon lists for $13.45 millionon June 16, 2021
On Malibu's Broad Beach, the waterfront brick beach house of late actor Jack Lemmon is on the market for $13.45 million.
- What workers want from customers: Don't be a jerk, say if you're vaccinated, and please keep maskingon June 16, 2021
Now that California has eased its COVID rules, many customers at stores, restaurants and hotels want things to be normal. Here's what workers think.
- Column: As Wall Street changed, one historic firm stood fast — for the betteron June 16, 2021
A counterbalance to the risky and speculative culture on Wall Street: a centuries-old firm you've never heard of.
- How L.A.'s indie bookstores survived the worst of the pandemicon June 16, 2021
After a brutal year of economic uncertainty, booksellers in L.A. are expecting a full recovery. But the June 15 reopening is reigniting safety concerns.
- K1 Invests $21 Million in Eltropyon June 16, 2021
Manhattan Beach-based private equity firm K1 Investment Management is making a $21 million investment in software company Eltropy Inc.
- Platinum Equity to Buy McGraw Hill for $4.5 Billionon June 15, 2021
Private equity firm Platinum Equity has agreed to buy educational publisher McGraw Hill for $4.5 billion.
- Is Federal Reserve prepping to raise interest rates?on June 16, 2021
Central bank may act sooner than previously planned to dial back low-interest-rate policies that helped fuel a swift rebound from pandemic recession
- Loan relief granted to defrauded for-profit college studentson June 16, 2021
The Biden administration said it is approving 18,000 loan forgiveness claims from former students